Egypt - Labor Force Survey, LFS 2016
---> Raw Data
Office editing is one of the main stages of the survey. It started once the questionnaires were received from the field and accomplished by the selected work groups. It includes:
a-Editing of coverage and completeness
b-Editing of consistency
---> Harmonized Data
- The SPSS package is used to clean and harmonize the datasets.
- The harmonization process starts with a cleaning process for all raw data files received from the Statistical Agency.
- All cleaned data files are then merged to produce one data file on the individual level containing all variables subject to harmonization.
- A country-specific program is generated for each dataset to generate/ compute/ recode/ rename/ format/ label harmonized variables.
- A post-harmonization cleaning process is then conducted on the data.
- Harmonized data is saved on the household as well as the individual level, in SPSS and then converted to STATA, to be disseminated.
Specialized staff has coded the data of industry, occupation and geographical identification.
---> Data Processing and preparation of final results
This stage included machine data entry, data validation, tabulation and preparation of final survey volumes.
---> Quality Control Procedures
The precision of survey results depends to a large extent on how the survey has been prepared for. As such, it was deemed crucial to exert much effort and to take necessary actions towards rigorous preparation for the present survey as follows:
1- Applying the recent international recommendations of different concepts and definitions.
2- Evaluating the quality of data in all different implementation stages to avoid or minimize errors to the lowest extent possible through:
a- Implementing field editing after finishing data collection for households in governorates to avoid any errors in suitable time
(1 field editor was assigned for every 5 interviewers to review the collected questionnaires)
b- Re-interviewing a sample of households by Quality Control Department and examining the differences with the original responses.